Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Road to the Nationals 2011

Going to start this new blog post to keep up with my prep to the 2011 Masters Nationals in July. It's Jan. 3rd 2011 and it's time to get started. This will be a 7 month prep which seems a bit extreme but experience has shown me that at my age the metabolism doesn't crank up as fast as necessary to get down to that extreme shredded look that has become the look that the judges are looking for.

So I started last week, Dec. 27th, 2011 back on diet. Ate only grilled chicken breasts, grilled tilapia, omega 3 eggs, egg whites, whey protein, brown rice and lots of broccoli. Don't have a scale right now, but looking in the mirror, my body has responded fast in just one week. The big Santa gut is gone and the 4 pack is being joined by the lower abs so all is good with the nutrition.

The training has stalled for a week for several reasons, which is not a bad thing. Good to take some time off to let the old injuries calm down a bit. I did an hour of lunges, split squats and calve raises to get the wheels pumped back up and it worked great.

Today I will search out a temporary gym to see if I can get a decent leg training session in.

More later.

Be Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment