Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Post from HammerFit Team Member Adam Moore

Note from the desk of me :)

I was sitting here thinking tonight about everyone I have seen on Facebook declaring a New Year's Resolution. I have honestly never cared to make one due to the fact I have always been selfish and could care less. But I wanted to do one this year and have put a lot of thought behind this. I want to make it my "Resolution" to spread the awareness of Type 2 Diabetes and Obesity affecting over 24 MILLION Americans right now. I myself fought obesity and Type 2 Diabetes and am fortunate to have beat it. I was well over 330 lbs and my sugar levels were floating around 660-700 when diagnosed. It seems every year obesity affects not only millions of adults but children as well. As adults and parents we are responsible for our children. In 2010 the number 1 killer in adults in the U.S was obesity. So I am taking responsibility and joining with American Diabetes Association and will be promoting a responsible healthy lifestyle. A cheeseburger tastes great! But be aware to much of anything is a bad thing. 

http://www.diabetes.org/

Unlike · Comment · Share

No comments:

Post a Comment