Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 15 more training and cardio

Got a great 27 mile ride in this morning for cardio #1. It was nice and hot at 7AM and I felt like I burned some cals up. The trick to using my cycling as cardio is to go just hard enough to burn calories but not hard enough to burn up leg muscle.

Got home and fueled up on oats and egg whites and headed to PCola for some training. Hit the delts w 12 sets of laterals from various angles. Did alot of very strict pullups, cable pulls, DB rows and machine pulls. Then got in some Good mornings on the Smith Machine and reverse hypers and kickbacks for the lower back. Going to include them at the end of every workout until the show. Most people work their abs alot close to the shows. I'm doing the other side! I was born with good abs, all I have to do is diet and they pop. They're not perfect but not a weakness.

Following 30 min of HIIT on the step mill I posed in the cardio room in just my underwear and was pleased on how I looked even with the horrible lighting in there. The lower back is still an issue. But I think with 2 weeks of balls to the walls dieting and 2 cardio a day I'll shed that last little wrinkle and harden up.

Made plans today to go see my girls in Big A. Very excited I miss them so! Only bad news is the 6 hour drive drinking 2 gallons of water, will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment